UnitedHealthcare designs and operates health benefits systems with commercial, Medicare and Medicaid products. Today, the company serves approximately 8.6 million individual consumers as members of its health service systems. On behalf of these members, the company arranges access to care with more than 340,000 physicians and 3,500 hospitals across 44 U.S. markets and several international markets.
UnitedHealthcare is a business unit of UnitedHealth Group, a diversified health and well-being enterprise.
UnitedHealthcare helps members achieve improved health and well-being by:
- Designing innovative, people-oriented health benefit plans and services that value individual choice and control in accessing health care;
- Leveraging the power of data and information for physicians and individuals to improve the quality of care;
- Simplifying access to care by coordinating distinct resources and services in an effective and seamless way;
- Providing cost-effective access to high-quality, convenient health care networks;
- Creating disease management programs that help people effectively manage chronic conditions;
- Providing services designed around the consumer to enable better health care experiences; and,
- Promoting health education programs and incentive strategies that increase consumer involvement in treatment and buying decisions.